I’ve recently fallen in love with pomegranate juice. A huge bottle of POM Wonderful at Costco costs less than ten bucks and its pack full of nutrients in every glass. I experimented with different recipes incorporating pomegranate juice. The real winner is this Spring Mix salad with pomegranate vinaigrette. Leafy greens, crisp Envy apples, tart Cransins, crunchy candied pecans, grainy red quinoa, and soy chorizo. It has all the texture and tastes in a bowl of healthy goodness. We’ve been having it a lot lately and it keeps growing on me.
There is really no measurement to this recipe apart from the vinaigrette. I listed a few staple in the salad to ensure sweet, salty, tart, crispy, crunchy, and chewy are covered. Otherwise, substitute with your favorite salad ingredients and make is a healthy meal.
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Spring Mix
- Chopped candied pecans
- Chopped Envy apple
- Soy chorizo
- Cooked red quinoa
- Whisk pomegranate juice, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, and maple syrup together.
- Drizzle olive oil slowly into the mixture and continue to whisk into an emulsion.
- Place spring mix in a salad bowl.
- Top with desired amount of soy chorizo, pecans, cransins, quinoa and apple.
- Drizzle pomegranate vinaigrette over the salad. Enjoy!