I didn’t know we can make Tofu Pudding at home till I found out that Mama Judy offers it on her bay area home delivery menu. It was so good👍! Since moving to Scottsdale, I can no longer order food from her and has to make it myself. This my first attempt. Turns out pretty good. The Pudding is jiggly and the syrup is not too sweet and full of ginger flavor. Yum!
- 750 ml unsweetened soy bean milk
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced thinly
- Bring water, sugar, and ginger slices to a boil in a small pot. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins. Turn off heat. Cool and chill in refrigerator.
- Dissolve agar agar powder in soy milk over medium high heat. Once the mixture boils, reduce heat and simmer for another 5 minutes. Strain into serving cups or mold. Cool and chill in refrigerator until set.
- Serve ginger syrup over the pudding.