Hanna made these paleo cookies for the elderly neighbors when she was back in the bay area a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, when she delivered them, she found that Pat has passed on. Pat used to make chocolate chip cookies on Fridays; we know she likes them! It was very nice of Hanna to look up a paleo recipe to make sure that the cookie is healthy for the old folks. Ray accepted the cookies, hope he stays healthy and strong through this difficult time.
These cookies are made of almond flour, egg, olive oil, and coconut sugar. No cane sugar nor butter. The result is very chewy cookies and filled with goodness of dark chocolate.
This is one of the first weekends since coming back to the bay area that we are not busy cooking, meeting, or hosting people. It’s a great opportunity to take it slow and make some healthy cookies for Ashley. I modified the recipe and added walnut chips for some nutty crunch.
I like buttery cookies. These almond flour cookies do taste really good too and must be given credits for the healthy ingredients. On top of that, it’s all done in one bowl and there is no need to turn on the mixer. Hope Ashley likes them, and I should also learn to replace the not-so-healthy buttery cookies with these healthy ones in my diet.
Recipe adapted from https://gatherednutrition.com/grain-free-olive-oil-chocolate-chip-cookies/
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5/8 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup bitter sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut
- Sprinkle of walnut chips and sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whip the olive oil, egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt until smooth dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts until blended.
- Scoop dough by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing about one inch apart.
- Lightly press the dough in the center.
- Sprinkle walnut chips and sea salt over the cookies if desired.
- Bake 15 mins until golden brown.
- Cool completely.