It was a fun weekend meeting new friends and catching up with old ones! One of those perks for getting vaccinated and getting it early! What a refreshing break from a year of shelter-in-place. If you are still on the fence about vaccination, consider the freedom you’ll get when all of us can hangout outdoor/indoor without fear, without masks. It’s good for you and me :).
The problem with having lots of fun however, was skipping cooking and meal prep for next week. We were still eating leftovers on Monday, but as Tuesdday rolls along, I am stressed 😫.
There is little time to cook during the work week. I was looking for something that requires minimal prep time and doesn’t require a lot of attention while it cooks. The air fryer came to my rescue and I was able to whip up a mouth-watering dish in no time.
There is really 4 ingredients needed for this tasty and healthy side dish. I have added the optional ingredients for a little indulgence if you like sweet Thai chilli sauce, and for the purpose of posting this recipe, I needed some extra color from the bell pepper and green onions as garnish.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Thai chilli sauce (optional)
- Juice of half a lime (optional)
- 2 Tbsp chopped bell pepper (optional)
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- Trim the stems off the brussels sprouts. Rinse and spread out on a baking sheet to air dry.
- Cut each brussels sprouts in half and toss with olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Set temperature to 390 F on the air fryer.
- Work in batches. Fill the fryer basket with brussels sprouts and spread out in a single layer.
- Set timer for 10 minutes and air fry the brussels sprouts.
- Remove and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet to cool.
- Continue working with remaining sprouts until all done.
- Transfer the cooked brussels sprouts to a serving dish. It can be served as is. It’s crispy, salty, and nutty. This is the healthy version 👍.
- If desired, fry the chilli sauce and chopped pepper in a small sauce pan until the sauce bubbles. Stir in the lime juice. Drizzle over the brussels sprouts and garnish with chopped green onions. This is the guilty pleasure version 😋.