EK was complaining again that the refrigerator is overloaded. There is way more food than the two of us could eat before they have to be thrown out 😬. I needed to salvage the blueberries before they are moldy. There are also two sad-looking overripe bananas in the fruit bowl …. out came a blueberry banana bread. Our breakfast for the week is taken care of!
- 3/4 + 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 large bananas, meshed (about 1 cup mashed bananas)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs until blended.
- Mix in milk and mashed bananas.
- Fold in flour mixture until moistened.
- Stir in blueberries and chopped walnuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until wooden sticks come out clean.
- Cool before cutting.