We were introduced to watermelon margarita at Sol Cocina, one of our favorite happy hour hang out. It’s a warm spring day in Scottsdale and calls for a nice cocktail! I followed the bar tender’s suggestion and used El Jimador tequila and strained the watermelon juice to make sure it is pulp free. Cool and refreshing! Took the dog on a relaxing evening stroll after the drink and watched mother nature painted the evening sky. Refreshing mararita and amazing sunset. It’s a beautiful Spring day!
- 6 oz strained, fresh watermelon juice without pulp
- 3 oz fresh lime juice
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz triple sec
- 2 oz simple syrup
- Chilli lime salt for rimming the glass
- Watermelon and lime wedges for garnish.
- Rim the cocktail glasses with chilli lime salt.
- Puree watermelon in a blender and strain for the watermelon juice.
- Add remaining ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and divide into cocktail glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with watermelon and lime wedges.