My nephew-in-law Han Ming posted in our group chat that he has lobang  for $2 per pound fresh lychee. That is a steal! I jumped at the lobang  and asked for 2 lbs; they gave the lychees to me as gifts instead 😊. Thank you Han Ming and Syn Wee!
There are about 25 lychees to a pound. It is perfect for 2 huge servings of fresh lychee martini. This recipe has the perfect the ratio of lychee juice and vodka for us, adjust the ratio to your taste. The amount of syrup needed depends on how sweet the lychees are. At $2 per pound, I think these sweet and juicy lychees are really good value. Time to ‘order’ more!
- 20 fresh lychees, peeled and seeded
- 3.5 oz vodka
- ~2 Tbsp simple syrup
- ~2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Chill martini glass in the refrigerator.
- Puree 16 lychees in a blender. Reserve the remaining 4 for garnish.
- Strain for 4.5 oz of fresh lychee juice into a measuring cup.
- Stir in 3.5 oz of vodka.
- Taste for sweetness and tartness. Add simple syrup and fresh lime juice to taste.
- Fill cocktail shaker half way with ice cubes.
- Pour lychee martini mix into the shaker.
- Cover and give it a good shake for 15 seconds.
- Divide into two servings in chilled martini glasses.
- Garnish with reserved lychees.