We heaved a sigh of relief when Ashley finally showed up in Scottsdale last Wednesday. With the pandemic raging across America, we have been really worried about her safety in Seattle. So thankful to have her home!
The first item she asked for when she booked her flight home is to make Dalgona Coffee. She told me this is the viral drink everyone is making during the coronavirus, it is taking the internet by storm.
We are fans of iced coffee, but coffee without Kahlua is … blah. We convinced her to reduce the sugar and add a tablespoon of Kahlua to our serving instead. I must say its a decent substitute for happy hour during shelter-in-place. When there is no margarita, I’ll settle for Kahlua coffee:)
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 1.5 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- Cold milk foam (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Kahlua coffee liquer
- 1 cup almond milk
- Fill two serving glasses with ice cubes. Divide 2 tablespoon of Kahlua between the two serving glasses. Top each glass with 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Whip instant coffee, sugar, and hot water by hand or using a standing mixer until it is of stiff, light brown whip cream consistency.
- Fold in cold milk foam. We happen to have a milk frother. Omit if not available.
- Divide the whipped coffee cream between the two glasses.