With the left over lychee from my last attempt on lychee martini, I tried making the lychee puree myself. The outcome is richer and much better lychee martini. When you have to make the most of everything you have in the pantry, try the recipe with lychee syrup  first, and save the best for last. One can of lychee, two martini recipes!
- 1/4 cup simple syrup*
- 16 drained canned lychees
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 oz vodka (I use Grey Goose)
- 4 lychees for garnish
- Puree lychee with simple syrup and lemon juice in a blender until smooth.
- Strain for the lychee juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Discard the pulp.
- Fill a cocktail shaker half way with ice cubes.
- Shake the lychee juice with vodka in the cocktail shaker for 15 seconds.
- Serve in chilled martini glass. Garnish with reserved lychees.