I have been relying on the Bruschetta  recipe for years when an Italian appetizer is needed on the menu. Great recipe, except it is quite stressful to make sure it is served hot whenever we entertain. Tried this Smoked Salmon Crostini over the weekend and I liked it a lot. Appetizing, easy to prepare, can be served cold. Stress free!
- 1 small french baguette
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic blended with 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz sliced smoked salmon
Smoked Salmon Spread
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz sour cream
- 2 oz mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill, more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- cucumber slices for garnish
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut baguette into 1/4″ slices.
- Brush one side of each slice with garlic oil mixture.
- Toast in oven for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a food processor, blend cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add 4 oz smoke salmon, chopped dill and chives and pulse the mixture a few times. I like the spread to be a little chunky. Add a little salt if needed and pulse again.
- Spread each slice of crostini with the salmon spread.
- Top with a slice of cucumber, and a slice of smoked salmon.
- Garnish with chopped dill and sprinkle of ground black pepper. They look so pretty and I couldn’t stop snapping pictures!