For the longest time, the girls have been trying to convince me to try the ‘Green Juice’. I’ve never been a fan of raw vegetables, and had a hard time imagining grinding it into juice and drinking it?
Hillary was staying over with me over the weekend and really, really wished she could have a glass of ‘Green Juice’ and she emphasized the most important ingredients are ginger and kale. As always, I caved. I came back with ginger, kale, orange, mango, peach after a trip to the grocery store.
Wow, I was convinced after a sip. It is indeed very refreshing. I’m a convert to ‘Green Juice’ ever since. Prep the fruits and kale in advance and freeze them so that it is easy to whip up a glass of these healthy juice in the morning.
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1 cup sliced peaches
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Juice of one lime (optional)
- Add the mango, peach and orange juice to the blender first, especially if the fruits are frozen.
- Top with kale and ginger.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add lime juice and maple syrup depending on the acidity and sweetness of the fruits. Pulse to blend.
- Substitute the mango, and peaches with other fruits in season. I’ve also tried it with pineapple and plums!
- I used to mince the ginger, but I’ve since found that I can just add ginger slices and let the blender do its work.