I tried this flatbread at Paul Martin’s Happy Hour a few weeks ago. I was amazed how tasty this combo of bread, cheese, apple, cured ham, and salad turned out. I have since replicated it twice at home and added minced garlic to the combo. It is delicious!
- Pizza crust, soft taco, or any kind of flat bread
- Minced garlic and olive oil
- Fuji or envy apple slices
- Slices of Prosciutto, cut into bite size pieces
- Grated aged white cheddar
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the flat bread with minced garlic and olive oil.
- Heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove flat bread from the oven and sprinkle the cheese generously on the bread.
- Top with a layer of apple slices and a layer of prosciutto.
- Return the flat bread to the oven and heat for another 5 – 10 minutes. I prefer to cook the prosciutto longer.
- Remove flat bread from the oven and top with arugula.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and a dash of ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.