EK and I decided that we should watch the Superbowl this year. This is my first attempt preparing for a Superbowl party. How do you like my party spread? Feels like I am feeding an army, but its really just the two of us pigging out :P.
This is also the first time I tried to make Pizzadilla. If you have a few pieces of flour tortilla handy and the remaining pizza ingredients, there is no need to fuss with the pizza dough nor wait for the pizza man to show up. You can whip this up in your kitchen in 5 minutes and enjoy it hot from the oven when the show time begins. Other recipes featured in this party menu:
I’m rooting for the Patriots, what about you?
- Flour tortilla skins
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Minced garlic
- Minced Basil
- Heat a tortilla skin in a oven-safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Brush the skin generously with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella cheese over the sauce and distribute a pinch of minced garlic and minced basil over the cheese.
- Cover the cheese with a layer of pepperoni, sprinkle a little more shredded cheese and then cover with another tortilla skin.
- Heat until the cheese melted and the oil is seeping out from the pepperoni.
- Flip the tortilla over and layer the top skin with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, minced garlic, and pepperoni.
- Broil over medium heat until the cheese melts and oil is seeping from the pepperoni. Remove from oven and sprinkle with minced basil.