Here are all the gadgets and ingredients needed for a Classic Margarita. I had a couple of practice sessions and tuned the proportions exactly to my taste and liking. Who knew have the hidden talent of a mixologist? 😉
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 1
- 2 oz Don Julio Tequila
- 2 oz Contreau
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp simple syrup
- ice cubes
- salt on a plate
- Lime wedges and slices for garnish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Prepare simple syrup and store them in the refrigerator so that they are handy when you need them. Dissolve equal part of sugar with water. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Rub a piece of lime wedge around the rim of a cocktail glass. Dip the cocktail glass, rim side down in the salt.
- Place some ice cubes in the cocktail glass. Use large ice cubes if you have them, they will keep the cocktail chilled and does not dilute it as quickly as smaller ice cubes. Add a slice of lime.
- Mix margarita ingredients in the cocktail shaker, shake until the bottle is misty.
- Pour the mixture into the cocktail glass. Garnish with a wedge of lime on the rim.