Summer arrived in our backyard! Summer is officially another 19 days away. We are so privileged to steal a few days from spring to celebrate summer early. There is no better way to welcome this beautiful day than a glass of frozen pina colada. Pineapple and coconut are two of my favorite cocktail ingredients; they came together perfectly in this cool, refreshing drink on a hot ‘summery’ day. Cheers!
- 300g very ripe frozen pineapple chunks
- 100 ml unsweetened coconut cream
- 30 ml fresh lime juice
- 100 ml simple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 75 ml gold/dark rum (I used black seal rum)
- 75 ml white rum (I used Malibu)
- 250g ice cubes
- Fresh Cherries, optional
- Blend all ingredients in a power blender until smooth.
- Divide into two 12 oz tall glasses.
- Garnish with cherries.
- Pineapple must be very ripe. Freeze unused portions.
- I dissolved half cup sugar in half cup water, and there is still simple syrup left behind.
- Save whatever is not used to enjoy this refreshing drink even quicker the next time.