The net says blueberry fools is an English dessert, yet Hanna told me her Brittish friend says the there is no such dessert and the Brittish do not eat blueberries! Who is right?
I guess it only matters that I like this mix of lemon cream, blueberry compote, and whipped cream. When we were digging in, Hillary decided to break up some cinnamon graham crackers as topping. That adds a nice crunch to this really smooth and fluffy dessert. Next time, we’ll at some chopped nuts. The nice thing about home cooking is that you get to be creative and mix and match exactly to your liking. And it is a joy to share your creation with those you love ❤.
- 1 1/2 cup lemon cream, see Lemon Cream Tartlet  for recipe
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Graham cracker crumbs for garnish, optional
- Prepare lemon cream using the lemon cream tartlet recipe. Store chilled in the refrigerator until ready to use. Note: the Lemon Cream Tartlet recipe makes a lot of lemon cream. Scale down the recipe to a quarter unless you are preparing to use the lemon cream in other dessert.
- Prepare blueberry compote. Heat the blueberry in a sauce pan with 1 Tbsp sugar until the blueberry pops and start to turn into sauce. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Whip 1 cup heavy cream with 1 Tbsp sugar until soft peaks form.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup whipped cream with 1 cup lemon cream until blended.
- Divide the combined mixture into 5 dessert cups. Layer with blueberry compote and remaining lemon cream.
- Garnish with Graham cracker crumbs, additional blueberries, or other dessert topping to your liking.