Guacamole is one of those must-have with Mexican food. It is so easy to make and you can never have too much guacamole. I like my guacamole to be a little chunky. Always use avocado that gives slightly when pressed. Those are just riped enough to be mashed and yet not too mushy. The best way to enjoy guac is to scoop it up with thin, crisp tortilla chips. When all the chips are gone, I’ll just scoop it up with a spoon and clean up the bowl. They are so good and refreshing.
- 1 large riped avocado
- 1 riped roma tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Run a paring knife around the avocado to cut it in half. Remove the seed by prying it with the paring knife. Scoop out the flesh into a plate.
- Mash the avocado with a potato masher.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix with remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Serve immediately with fresh tortilla chips.