Pico De Gallo is the kind of food that really appeals to my taste buds. Load them on tortilla chips or burritos, it makes anything it goes on especially tangy and refreshing. I thought this recipe makes a huge serving, but the three of us at the dinner table had to exercise some self control before we clean up the whole bowl. It’s good.
- 1 1/2 lb ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Adjust amount of lime juice to your liking.
- Season with salt to taste, about 1/2 tsp.
- Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir to redistribute the juice before serving.