Tis the season of apples and pumpkins. This moist pumpkin apple bread is a perfect blend of the two Fall favorite ingredients. The treat: savor the aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg while it bakes in the oven. Its one of the signature in our home that Fall is here.
- 16 oz fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped
- 1 Fuji apple, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar, reduce further if you have very sweet pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Crumble topping, optional (see blueberry muffins  for crumble topping recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two standard size loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together into a large bowl.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, blend the egg, sugar, vegetable oil, water, and pumpkin puree until well combined.
- Fold one- third of the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until blended. Fold in the remaining wet mixture until a smooth batter forms. Do not overmix. Fold in the chopped apples.
- Spoon the batter into the greased loaf pans. Sprinkle with crumble topping (optional)
- Bake until a wooden stick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf.
- Cool the loaf pans on a wire rack.
- Remove the loaves from the pan and cut into slices.
- Serve it for breakfast. I like to spread butter on my sweet bread.