Hua Jie’s awesome ketchup sauce and fresh, plump shrimp is a match made in heaven. Of all the dishes Hua Jie cooks, this ranks #1 for me. ❤.
- 10 large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup onions cut into wedges
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 heaping Tbsp ketchup
- 1 heaping Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp minced green onions and cilantro
- Marinade shrimps with 1 tsp sugar for half hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in wok over medium high heat and fry chopped onions until soft and translucent.
- Add shrimps and stir fry until half cooked.
- Turn up heat and add the onion wedges, ketchup, and oyster sauce. Continue to stir fry until shrimps are almost cooked.
- Add the water and tomato wedges and stir fry for another minute.
- Do your taste test, add more ketchup, oyster sauce, or sugar to suit your taste.
- Turn off heat and stir in the minced green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with jasmine rice.