A 2-lb box of blueberries for five bucks?! That’s a steal. How about some blueberry crisp for dessert tonight?
Every one like this recipe. I have cut the sugar amount significantly since the berries are sweet. Adjust sweetness to your liking.
- 4 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice (reduce if the berries are tart)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup old fashion oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread blueberries on the bottom of a 8×8 square baking dish. Sprinkle the lemon zest evenly over the berries.
- Combine water, sugar, and cornstarch in a small sauce pan and stir until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Boil over medium high heat until the mixture is thick and turns clear. Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the berries and mix well.
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and pour over the flour mixture. Stir until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the berries is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream as desired.