I was first introduced to Brussels sprouts at a gathering with teammates at BJs. They were crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside; spicy, tangy, and sweet. I looked up Brussels sprouts recipes immediately when I got home, wondering what I have been missing all these years. I have cooked this dish many times since then, but they were gobbled up so quickly that I never had a chance to take a few good shots for the blog. Finally, I managed to take a couple of good pictures before anyone could lay their fingers on these awesome mini cabbages…
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbsp sriracha
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cut off the stem end of the sprouts and cut each sprout into halves.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the sprouts with the olive oil and kosher salt. Let it sit for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 35 – 40 minutes, shaking the pan at 10-min intervals, until the sprouts are crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- Combine honey, sriracha, and lime juice in a small mixing bowl.
- When the sprouts are roasted, remove from the oven.
- Drizzle the honey-lime mixture over the sprouts, toss lightly and serve immediately.