Raspberry is one of my favorite fruits. It is always featured in my fruit tarts, desserts, and an all-time accompaniment in my cereal bowl. I just found another easy way to incorporate these charming berries in homemade ice-cream. Enjoy.
- 10 oz fresh raspberry
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- Rinse and drain raspberry.
- Transfer to a heavy sauce pan and cook over medium heat until raspberries are broken up and turn into liquid.
- Add sugar, adjust to taste. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Using a hand blender, blend the raspberry juice for a couple of minutes.
- Run the blended raspberry juice through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- When cooled, stir in the heavy cream and milk until blended.
- Transfer to a glass container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Eat it on its own, or add a scoop to a glass of sparkling wine, and you get Raspberry cream mimosa for a nice Sunday brunch.