I am always in search of breakfast recipe that allows me to prepare the night before. This one that you can prepare in the evening and go to bed in peace. Next morning, crack an egg and stick it in the oven. Full hot breakfast ready in 25 minutes. Easy peasy!
- 12 oz Hot Italian sausage
- 3 strips cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cups frozen hash brown, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown sausage in skillet, breaking it up using two spatulas. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onions and fry until lightly browned.
- Add the chopped mushroom and fry until mushroom has softened.
- Add the thawed hash brown and cooked sausage. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp chopped parsley.
- Stir until well combined. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Continue to pan fry for 3 – 4 minutes until the hash brown starts to turn crispy on the edges
- Divide the sausage mixture into separate serving mini casseroles.
- Crack an egg over the sausage mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minute until the egg is set (the egg white turns opaque).
- Sprinkle the remaining Tbsp parsley and ground black pepper over each casserole.
- Serve immediately.