I like the crunch of coleslaw but not the creaminess of the dressing. How to make a light and refreshing coleslaw without the cream? Try this recipe using Asian sauces instead. Its a great side dish for a BBQ dinner.
- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 1/2 cup finely shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 Thai bird-eye chillies, seeded, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Dissolve coconut sugar with soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, and lime juice.
- Blend the peanut butter with the minced garlic and ginger in a mixing bowl until will combined. Stir in the coconut sugar and lime juice. Mix until well combined.
- Add sesame oil and vegetable oil, cover in an air tight jar and shake well. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add all the slaw ingredients except peanuts into a salad bowl and keep chilled until ready to use.
- An hour before serving, toss the slaw with the dressing and 1/4 cup peanuts.
- Store in the refrigerator. Sprinkle the remaining peanuts over the slaw just before serving.