This is the most unassuming dish at our dinner table tonight and I think it turned out to be the tastiest dish for the evening. Everyone took a bite and was amazed how yummy it is. Yes, plain simple omelette but with a few atypical omelette ingredients. This is a simple, quick, and easy dish for a homestyle Thai dinner.
- 10 eggs
- 5 Tbsp cornstarch
- 5 Tbsp water
- 2 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 5 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Chopped onions and cilantro for garnish
- Mix water, cornstarch, lime juice, and fish sauce in a small dish until there is no lump in the corn starch.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Beat in the cornstarch mixture.
- In a small frying pan, heat oil over high heat until lightly smoking.
- Stir the egg mixture well and measure 1/4 cup of the egg mixture in a measuring cup.
- Pour the 1/4 cup egg mixture into the hot oil.
- Cook until the pan side of the omeltte is lightly golden brown.
- Turn over and cook the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Repeat steps 5-9 until all the egg mixture is used up.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro.
- Serve hot.