I rarely eat salad, but this is one salad that I prepare whenever we need a healthy, low-carb lunch. The combination of these bright, juicy cara cara oranges and avocado creates a creamy yet refreshing salad. There is absolutely no guilt having this for lunch 🙂 Does Hillary and Ashley approve?
- 3 cara cara oranges, pared and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 thin slices red onions, separated into rings
- Salad greens
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar (adjust to desired sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Shake all dressing ingredients in a tightly covered container. Chill until ready to use.
- Arrange orange, avocado slices, and onion rings on salad greens.
- Pour orange dressing over the salad. Sprinkle with ground black pepper.