Since I made the Egg Salad Sandwich  a couple of weeks back, I’ve been thinking about all its ‘cousins’ that I used to fix for quick lunches. Glad that Hanna came back this weekend and I have a reason to fix the Chicken Salad Sandwich that both of us enjoy. This is a recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook that is quickly falling apart. Time to keep an electronic version for prosperity.
Hanna’s sandwich with crust on …
Mine with crust off.
- 1 1/2 cup canned chicken, or cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise + more if needed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 slices of bread
- Drain chicken if using canned chicken breast, mash with the back of a fork.
- Stir in chopped onions, celery, salt, and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Toast bread slices. Hanna likes to keep the crust on the bread, but I trimmed the crust off my sandwich.
- Divide the salad filling into three portions and spread evenly on three slices of bread.
- Top each sandwich with another slice of toasted bread.
- Cut into halves.
- Yum! We will be having sandwiches more often.