It just occurred to me that after 154 posts, I have yet to feature our all-time favorite Spicy Italian Sausage Spaghetti recipe! Whenever I needed something simple and easy to please everyone at the dining table, this is the go-to recipe. If there is left over (which is rare unless I double the recipe), it tastes even better the next day!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: An hour or more for a flavorful meat sauce
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 32 oz red pasta sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Boil spaghetti according to package instructions, drain and set aside. I like to cook ours al dente.
- Brown sausage in a large dutch oven, remove and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in the dutch oven and add the diced onions. When it starts to brown, add the sliced mushrooms, and fry for a couple of minutes until mushrooms starts to sweat.
- Add the red pasta sauce, bring to a boil over medium heat. Stirring occasionally.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the minced parley and the cooked spaghetti until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese.
- Serve with garlic bread.