This chicken recipe is simple and easy and definitely a keeper for times when I need to whip up a dish quickly. No need to cut chicken, no need to mince garlic, just throw all into one pot and stew ….
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- 3 lb chicken wings and drumettes
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, lightly bashed
- 1 onions, cut into large chunks
- 3 potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 large carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 oz water
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp gochujang paste
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish
- In a large wok, heat canola oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, potatoes, and carrots. Stir fry for a 2 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, water, sugar, and gochujang paste until well combined. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to serving dish. Garnish with chopped onions and cilantro.
- Serve with jasmine rice.