I was getting ready to make Cranberry Orange Bread when EK told me that I need to use the bananas are they are getting too ripe. Does cranberry goes well with bananas? Sure they do! Now I can combine the sweetness of bananas and the tartness of cranberries all in one bread. This is my new discovery of the week!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3/4 + 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 large bananas, meshed (about 1 cup mashed bananas)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs until blended.
- Mix in milk and mashed bananas.
- Fold in flour mixture until moistened.
- Stir in cranberries and chopped walnuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until wooden sticks come out clean.
- Cool before cutting.