Since the girls moved to SF, I have taken on a new weekend job: catering and food delivery. By Hillary’s request, this week’s catering theme is Thai since she requested for Thai green curry. This recipe is so easy when you can get Mae Ploy green curry paste at the Asian market. I added an assortment of seafood, meat, tofu, and vegetables. A dish full of flavor, texture, and fragrance. Hope she enjoys it next week.
- Prep time: 1/2 hour
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Serves: 8
- 1/2 lb chicken breast tender, sliced
- 6 Tbsp Mae Ploy green curry paste
- 2 cups Mae Ploy coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, split and thinly sliced
- 1 large fresh bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1 box medium firm bean curd, cubed
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup green peas
- 8 tiger shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp palm sugar
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in a large wok over medium heat. Saute the green curry paste until fragrant.
- Add one cup coconut milk and stir until the oil surfaces.
- Add the chicken, green beans, and kaffir lime leaves, continue cooking until the chicken is almost done.
- Add the tofu, remaining coconut milk, palm sugar, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add the bamboo shoots, red bell pepper, shrimp, and green peas, cook for five minutes until the bamboo shoots are softened and the shrimps are cooked.
- Add the basil, stir and remove from the heat.
- Serve with jasmine rice.