While circling around UCLA looking for a good place for breakfast, we chanced upon a cafe called Le Pain Quotidien. One of their signature menu item is Avocado Toast. When it was served, I knew instantly that I want to replicate it at home. It’s really a very simple, tasty, healthy breakfast that takes no time to prepare. Try it, you’ll be addicted to the avocado ‘butter’.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- The good news: no cook time
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 stalk green onions, chopped
- Juice of a quarter lime
- Sprinkle of coarse grind sea salt
- Lime zest
- Sprinkle of ground cumin
- Dash ground black pepper
- Toast the bread slices.
- Coarsely mash the avocado with potato masher.
- Sprinkle sea salt, ground cumin, lime zest, and lime juice over the mashed avocado. Mix well.
- Spread avocado butter generously over the toasted bread.
- Sprinkle diced tomatoes and chopped green onions on toasts. Add a dash of ground black pepper.
- Serve with fruit cup or freshly tossed salad.