Fruit tart is such an interesting dessert so full of color, texture, and taste. With some flaky tart dough left from making egg tarts last week, I decided its its time for some mini fruit tarts this weekend. I get many inspiration on dressing up a fruit tart from the Oracle 300 bakery. The pastry chef always cut the fruits used to decorate the desserts. I realized the inside of the fruits, especially the blackberries is a lot more colorful and interesting than its look from the outside. Do you agree?
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes 12 mini fruit tarts
- 3 strawberries, cut into quarters
- 6 blackberries, cut in half
- 6 raspberries, cut in half
- 12 blueberries
- 12 segments of canned mandarin orange
- Follow ingredient list of pastry cream for Banana Cream Pie .
Flaky Tart Dough
- Follow ingredient list of flaky tart dough for Banana Cream Pie .
- Follow instructions for pastry cream for Banana Cream Pie . You only use a small amount to make 12 mini tarts. Save the rest for other desserts.
Flaky Tart Dough
- Follow Flaky Tart Dough recipe for Banana Cream Pie . I have a tartlet pan. Half the tart dough recipe is enough to make 12 mini fruit tarts. Freeze the remaining dough for another recipe.
- Roll the dough out to 1/8″ thick and cut circular discs that is about 1/2″ bigger than the mold. Cover the dough discs with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
- Press each disc into the mold, crimp the edges and prick holes in the bottom with a small fork.
- Return the lined tart pan to the refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the tartlet shells at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the tart pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Fill each baked tart shell with 1 tsp of pastry cream.
- Arrange a segment of strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, mandarin orange, and a black berry on each tart.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Fruit tarts are so refreshing. 12 mini tarts won’t last long. You’ll be making another batch in no time!