While researching for the next gourmet club meet this afternoon, I came across the idea of using Oreo cookies to dress up a cocktail. I was so excited about the idea that I have to try it right away! So here is my concoction of the Minnie Frosty-Shake…love it!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Serves 2
White Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 oz Ghiradelli white chocolate, chopped
- 4 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz vodka (omit for non-alcoholic version)
Minnie Frosty Shake
- 4 oz White Chocolate Liqueur
- 4 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Reddi Whip for garnish
- 2 Maraschino cherry, drained
- 6 oreo cookies
For White Chocolate Liqueur
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add the sugar and half the heavy cream and stir until sugar is melted.
- Add the remaining heavy cream and milk and stir until blended. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and vodka. Omit vodka for non-alcoholic version of this recipe.
- Cool completely and store in the refrigerator. This makes enough liqueur for 4 servings of Minnie Frosty – Shake.
To prepare Minnie Frosty-Shake
- Add 4 oz of white chocolate liqueur, 4 scoops of ice cream, 2 oreo cookies, and crushed ice to the blender.
- Pulse until the mixture is blended.
- Divide into serving glasses.
- Top with reddi whip
- Arrange two oreo cookies and a maraschino cherry on the whipped topping.