One of the good things in life is to wake up on a fall weekend to some warm blueberry muffins. The muffin tops are crunchy, and the bottoms are moist and oozing with the goodness blueberries. You will use only a little of the crumb topping for the muffins. Save the remainder in the refrigerator, they come in very handy for the next batch of muffins or dessert. And yes, I am sure you will be making this blueberry muffins again and again 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes 8 muffins
(A) Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup very cold butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
(B) Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (take a Tbsp off to reduce sweetness if desired)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Prepare crumb topping by mixing the all the ingredients except chopped walnuts with a pastry cutter until crumbly. Stir in the chopped walnuts. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder for muffin in a large bowl.
- Place the egg and vegetable oil in a measuring cup and add enough milk to fill the cup. Stir into the flour mixture until combined.
- Fold in blueberries. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm.