I have to survive without cooking help for the month of September. This means having to come home from work and fix dinner quickly so that there is no one complaining about growling stomach. This is one of the quick fixes that I can whip up in 20 mins. I substituted the usual minced pork with minced preserved raddish. It goes very will with jasmine rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time 10 mins
- Serves: 5
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp minced preserved raddish (菜脯）
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch msg
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup oil for frying green bean
- Rinse and drain green beans. Cut green beans into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in wok over medium high heat.
- Fy green beans for 4 minutes until the skin starts to show wrinkle.
- Remove green beans with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Pour out all by 2 Tbsp of oil.
- Fry minced garlic in wok over medium heat until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Turn up heat. Add minced raddish and continue to fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add green beans, soy sauce, water, sugar, msg and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add sesame oil. Stir and remove to serving dish.
- Serve hot.