We often had plain rice noodles (猪肠粉) for breakfast when the girls were going to school. Simply pan fry and drizzle with soy sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds for a quick and easy fix. I have since turned this to a lunch dish by adding stir fried chicken, shrimp, and vegetables as topping. Another one-wok meal!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Serves: 4
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp white soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
(B) Rice Noodles
- 1 package rolled rice noodles (猪肠粉), available at Chinese supermarket.
- 4 breast tenders, sliced
- 20 medium size shrimps
- 1 package Shimeji mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- a bunch of baby bok choy
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 stalk Chinese celery, chopped
- pinch of white pepper
- fried shallots for garnish
- Marinade chicken tenders in (A) for at least 10 mins, set aside.
- Cut rice noodles into 2 inch pieces. Heat wok and add a little oil to coat the surface evenly. Pan fry rice noodles over medium high heat for 1 minute. Sprinkle 1/8 cup water over the noodles and cover and cook until water has evaporated and the bottom of the noodles turn brown and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add two tablespoon of oil to wok, maintain medium-high heat. Fry shallots and minced garlic until fragrant.
- Add chicken and stir fry until chicken is almost cooked.
- Turn up heat and add shrimp, mushrooms, baby bok choy. Stir fry for another 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup hot water and 1 Tbsp oyster sauce, continue to stir fry shrimp is cooked and bok choy is wilted.
- Divide topping over pan fried noodles.
- Garnish with green onions, celery, fried shallots, and a pinch of white pepper.
- Serve hot.