I was introduced to Orak Arik Wortel, which is scrambled egg with carrots and cabbage during our Rijstaffel  gourmet club event. I thought this is a very tasty and easy-to-make dish for everyday dinner. I have made this a few times, but never took time to capture it on the blog. Hopefully, my girls will find this post handy next year when they have to fix dinner for themselves in the apartments. There is alternative to plain fried eggs!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 4
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (alternatively, mix 2 cups cabbage with one cup carrots)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp oil for stir frying
- Spring Onions or Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat oil in work over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and shallots and fry until fragrant and lightly brown.
- Added cabbage and stir fry over high heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour beaten eggs over the cabbage and scramble until eggs are cooked and lightly browned.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with a dash of ground white pepper. Garnish as desired.