Still thinking of that light and fluffy ‘Crepecake ‘ that I stumbled upon the other day… I decided to give it a different topping this morning. I tossed some banana slices into caramel syrup, and dressed it up with some fresh berries. A beautiful treat for weekend breakfast.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- 3 large bananas, cut into 1/4″ slices
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- prepare crepecake per instructions crepe/pancake 
- additional fresh berries for topping
- powdered sugar for garnish
To prepare banana compote:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugar and brown sugar and stir until melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
- Toss in banana slices until coated evenly with caramel syrup.
- Set aside.
- Layer crepecake on serving plate
- Spoon banana compote over crepecake.
- Garnish with berries.
- Dust with powdered sugar.