When Ashley is home, it is all about healthy, vegan eating. She requested quinoa  for dinner this weekend. I made some adjustments and added more colors to the recipe. We are both happy. I am starting to like cooking without meat …
- Prep time: 1 hours
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 cup cilantro, washed and thick stems removed
- 3/4 cup ground peanuts
- 1 Tbsp gula melaka or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fine chilli sauce
- Zest from 3 medium lime, squeeze and reserve the juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the quinoa:
- 2 cups tri-color quinoa
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 orange carrot, sliced into 1/4 inch thick
- 1 purple carrot, sliced into 1/4 inch thick
- 1 broccoli crown, cut the florets. Slice the stem into 1/4 inch thick
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally for garnish
- cherry tomatoes for garnish, halved
- cilantro for garnish
- fried taro sticks for garnish
- ground peanuts for garnish
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until dressing is smooth. Set aside and chill in the refrigerator.
- Wash and rinse the quinoa in a strainer until cold water until water runs clear. Bring coconut milk, vegetable stock, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa, return to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Cover and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Dice the tofu into big cubes and pan fry in coconut oil until golden brown on all sides. Set aside.
- Cook the broccoli and carrots per instructions given in Oven Roasted Vegetables .
- When ready to serve, scoop desired amount of quinoa, dressing, tofu, and roasted vegetables into a mixing bowl. Toss until content is evenly coated with dressing. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, cilantro, ground peanuts and taro sticks.