This it the first time I tried cooking with gluten free flour. I had actually misread the recipe and came up with something that is thicker than crepe, but thinner than pancake. Anyway, it tasted awesome. So I am keeping this half crepe, half pancake recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Makes 8 crepe/pancake
- 2/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp melted butter for frying pancake
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- 6 oz raspberry
- 1/8 cup sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- Reserve a few raspberry for garnish
To prepare raspberry sauce:
- Mash raspberry with sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and continue to simmer until sauce thickens. Set aside.
To prepare crepe/pancake:
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Stir into flour mixture until combined. Run mixture through a sieve to obtain a smooth batter.
- Grease a 6 inch skillet with melted butter over medium high heat.
- Ladle batter into the skillet and tilt the pan so that the batter coats the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Cook until tiny bubbles start to form and the edges appear to be lightly browned.
- Flip and continue cooking until both sides are lightly browned. Repeat steps 5 – 7 until the batter is used up.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with fresh berries. Dust icing sugar over the pancake. Serve warm with raspberry sauce.