My first guest post! I’m writing this post on Hillary’s behalf. From preparing the filling to wrapping the dumplings, she did it all on her own. I take credit for the pictures however, and I was the taste tester 🙂 Great job! Way to go Hillary!
- Prep Time: Hmmm…, started on Saturday and finished on Sunday, with many R&R time in between.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: Made exactly 23 dumplings
- 2/3 lb ground pork
- 8 water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup softened dried shitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely grated
- 4 oz raw shrimp, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp cooking wine
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Round dumpling skins. We bought a package but used only 23 pieces.
- Green peas for garnish
- Mix filling and seasoning until well blended.
- Place 1 portion of filing in the center of a dumpling skin. Take the dumpling skin between the index finger and thumb. Gather edges together to make a waist. Place 1 green pea in the center of the filling. Use a knife, dipped in water, to press down the filling so that it is smooth and compact.
- Repeat step 2 until all filling is used up.
- Steam in bamboo steamer over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.