I like this delicate dessert for the refreshing sensation the ingredients bring. This is a chilled dessert. The mango is the anchor and provides the fragrance, the sago provides the grainy texture, and the tart pomelo is the gem!
- Preparation time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Serves 10
- 1 litre mango juice
- 300 ml evaporated milk
- 2 large mango, finely cubed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 100g sago pearls
- 1 pomelo, peeled and membranes removed, sacs separated
- Dissolve the sugar in the hot water. Cool and set the syrup aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add sago and simmer for about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and cover the pot with the lid and let the sago continue to cook for another 10 minutes. The sago should turn translucent when ready. Drain the sago in a fine sieve and run cold water through it to remove excess starch. Set aside.
- Puree 3/4 of the cubed mango in a blender. Add the mango juice, syrup, and the evaporated milk. Pulse for a few seconds until well blended. Add the sago, stir until the sago pearls are well separated. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
- To serve, portion out the mango milk blend into serving bowls. Garnish with the pomelo sacs and cubed mango.