My neighbor Pat gave us these ‘snowballs’ during the winter holidays. They are so good that I have to ask her for the recipe. Thank you Pat for this easy and time-tested recipe. Again, soooooo gooood! They make perfect valentine’s gift too!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Sift flour 3 times and blend into the butter mixture.
- Add chopped pecans and vanilla, stir on low speed until blended.
- Divide dough into 1/2 inch balls using a small cookie scoop.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- While still warm, roll in sifted powdered sugar.
- Roll again in powdered sugar when cooled.
- Store in a air-tight container.