I realized that the Macaroni Grill at Hillsdale Mall has closed. It was one of our favorite restaurants when the girls were younger. We loved the bread, which was always served right out of the oven, and one of our favorite dishes there was Pasta Milano. We stopped going to M. Grill after I figured out how to create a copy cat Pasta Milano dish at home. I have yet to figure out how to make the bread however! Come back M. Grill!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 6
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 Tbs julienne sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 1 bottle (15 oz) alfredo sauce (I use Classico creamy alfredo sauce)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups sliced roasted chicken
- 6 large shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 3 oz. fresh baby spinach
- ground black pepper to taste
- pine nuts for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a dutch oven, melt 1/2 cup unsalted butter over medium high heat.
- Saute chopped onion in butter until it starts to brown.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms starts to release their moisture.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, Alfredo sauce, milk, grated Parmesan cheese, and 1 tsp garlic salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add sliced chicken and shrimp and let it simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes until the shrimps are cooked.
- Stir in the fresh baby spinach until it is wilted.
- Turn off heat.
- Ladle sauce over pasta in a bowl. Garnish with pine nuts and ground black pepper. Serve hot.