This is one of Ashley’s favorite, she asks me to make it every so often on weekends. The mango salsa adds a fruity touch to the dish. It is a one-pan recipe. Thumbs up from the one who needs to wash dishes after the meal; only one-pan to wash :). I like it too because it is colorful and tasty!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 6
(A) Mango Salsa
- 2 fresh mangoes, diced
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
(B) Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken
- 2 cups mango salsa
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
To prepare Mango Salsa:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, refrigerate overnight.
To prepare Chicken Quesadilla:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush one side of the tortillas with butter; place tortillas buttered side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a layer of monterey jack cheese on half of each tortilla.
- Spread a 1/3 cup of the shredded chicken over the cheese.
- Spoon another layer of mango salsa over the chicken.
- Top with another layer of monterey jack cheese. Sometimes, I substitute this layer with mozerella cheese.
- Fold the plain side of tortilla over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 9-11 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salad or guacamole.