Prepared this dish for the girls. This is one dish that all of them like and don’t get to eat at their college cafeterias.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
To prepare the crab cake mixture
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the bell pepper and garlic until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the cream, mustard, egg, parsley, cayenne pepper, 1/2 cup bread crumbs and mix well.
- Fold in the crab meat and green onions. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs with the Parmesan. Set aside.
To cook the crab cakes
- Divide the crab cake mixture into desired portions.
- Shape the crab cakes into round patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Coat the patties with the bread crumbs mixture on both sides.
- Coat the skillet with the canola oil and remaining 2 Tbsp butter.
- Saute the crab cakes in the skillet until golden brown on each side.
- Serve warm.