A belated post for 2014. Better late than never…
Now that the girls are home for the holidays and able to help (no homework over winter break! isn’t college fun?), I decided it is time to have a 100% home-cooked Christmas dinner. Our first attempt; no need to stand in line for hours at HoneyBaked, but I certainly stood in the kitchen for the whole day, perhaps two! Don’t ask my old-faithful manual dishwasher how many dishes he had to wash that day. It was a mountain, but dinner was great!
- Bread: Petit Pains Au Lait ; Hanna helped punch the dough, shape the buns, and checked the oven
- Soup: Cream of Mushroom Soup 
- Appetizer: Crab Cakes ; Hillary helped shape and saute the cakes
- Entrée: Five Spice Roast Chicken 
- Dessert: Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries and Pine Nut Brittle 
Not sure if the menu will stay the same in the years to come, but it is something to cherish.
We did it! Welcome 2015.