A recipe for vegetable stir fry? Why not? The garlic, shallots, heat, and cooking duration all make a lot of difference to the final product. We want the dish to smell good, taste good, and look good.
- 20 stalks Chinese mustard greens
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced shallots
- 2 Tbsp of canola oil
- salt to taste
- Wash and clean the vegetables. Separate the stalk from the leaves. Cut into 3 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and shallots and stir fry until they start to turn brown.
- Turn up the heat and add the stalks, stir fry for 2-3 mins until the stalks are almost cooked. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the stalks.
- Add the leaves and continue to fry until they are wilted. When the vegetables are cooked just right, they should look bright and shiny, and the stalks should still have a little crunch.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot.